Handling plastics responsibly once it reaches the end of life is crucially important. We optimise the lifespan of plastics by reusing and repurposing them into high quality recycled plastic outdoor mats. We use plastic waste that would otherwise end up in landfills and contaminate our waterways and oceans to make our products. We have a wide range of environmentally friendly mats in many colours, which are UV treated to prevent the designs from fading due to sun exposure.
Benefits of Recycled Outdoor Mats
Our durable and colourful range of outdoor mats recycled from plastic polypropylene is a result of rigorous recycling processes completed by skilful workmanship. Plastic polymer is hard to disintegrate in landfills, oceans and waterways. However, we can melt it down and recycle it into many of our products. As a result, our mats are versatile and are great for outdoor picnics, caravanning, camping, and even indoors to accentuate home décor. The benefits of our recycled mats include:
- They are highly resistant. Our outdoor recycled mats are durable and can withstand prolonged use without being damaged due to their resistance to mildew, mould, bacteria, rot and odours. They’re easy to clean and resistant to staining, oils and solvents. They are UV protected and therefore fade proof ensuring colour fastness without compromising quality, strength and durability.
- Their manufacture reduces pollution. Recycling plastic considerably reduces the effects of manufactured materials on the environment. Our recycled plastic mats lessen the need for using raw materials in our manufacturing process. Recycled products compared to virgin materials are usually low cost to produce, requiring less energy and water. In addition, recycling reduces air and water pollution.
- They are sustainable. Our plastic waste products are sustainable and recyclable, which prevents them from ending up in our landfills. Our mats are eco-friendly and safe for our environment.
Services We Offer
Through our passion for protecting the environment, we saw an opportunity to lead by example and take a stance in cleaning up our local environment. Our creation of the “Triple R” process, a concept meaning reuse, repurpose and recycle, makes us the only recyclers to guarantee landfills free of textile waste in our region. Here are the services we offer:
- Recycle excess textile from residents. We collect the waste and extra materials from our local community and charities and make them undergo our “Triple R” Process. As a result, we help keep our landfills free of non-degradable textile waste and help to keep our environment litter-free.
- Partner with like-minded recycling businesses. We purchase excess textiles from our partner providers who source materials that would have ended up in landfills. Then, we supply our surplus textiles to our partner recycler in India, thus avoiding the textiles ending up in our landfills. Together, our partnership helps keep the environment clean, and we help build communities through job opportunities in our facilities.
- Exceptional recycled textile products. We offer a full range of recycled textile products made with a fraction of the water needed to make virgin products of the same or higher quality. The collection consists of tablecloths, tea towels, towels, handbags, rugs and mats, and many more quality and affordable products.
About DLG Australia
We are an Australian family-run business with a combination of 50 years of experience in the recycling, retail and management sectors. Our passion for recycling gives us an edge to provide the highest quality recycled products using our unique knowledge and experiences. Contact us today to view our eco-friendly products.