Doing Our Part for the Environment With Recycled Plastic Outdoor Rugs
We are strong advocates for saving our planet and focus on zero waste of textile and plastics going to landfills. We have over 40 years of combined experience in the Charitable Waste and Recycling Sector, placing us in a solid standing to guarantee the availability and facilitation of textile recycling streams to charitable and non-charitable organisations. These efforts have helped raise money for charitable organisations, provide clothing to those in need, and repurpose or manufacture new products from recycled items, resulting in reducing landfills. One of our most popular items is recycled plastic outdoor rugs.
What You Can Expect From DLG Australia Regarding Recycled Plastic Indoor and Outdoor Rugs
We are continuously striving to deliver high-quality, competitively priced recycled outdoor rugs made for Australia, produced from 100 percent recycled materials and make our mark as a positive influencer for textile and plastic recycling processes worldwide. We offer free delivery throughout Australia and have a showroom in South Nowra. We maintain strict supervision of the recycling and re-manufacturing processes that our partner manufacturing facilities in India undertake. We ensure the products returned to Australia are of the same standard or better than virgin textile products, more affordable, and meet our goal of zero waste to landfills.
- We make our outdoor rugs from recycled polypropylene that would have ended up in landfills or contaminating waterways.
- Our poly mats are available in various colours and patterns, are reversible, hardwearing, lightweight, compact, and UV treated to ensure their colours do not fade.
- The processes used to weave the materials render them breathable, preventing grass from being damaged during regular use. Another reason you should add our recycled plastic picnic rug range to your picnic set.
- We also sustainably produce Jute area rugs from 100 percent recycled cotton that are soft underfoot and easily cleaned by hand or in the washing machine.
What You Should Know About Our Recycled Plastic Rugs for the Outdoors
- Our indoor and outdoor rugs are made of recycled plastic sourced from both land and waterway collection points. The collected plastic is sent to our partner facilities in India for recycling and manufacturing into poly mats as per our designs and then sent back to our showroom in Australia.
- Our poly mats are suitable for camping, caravanning, general outdoor and indoor use. They come in many sizes and designs, from a 60cm x 90cm doormat/floormat weighing only 400 grams right through to a 6.1m long caravan mat for 20ft+ caravans or decks that weighs only 5.4kg.
- They are easy to fold, do not get hot when in the sun, and are UV treated to prevent the colours from fading. They also receive a treatment making them resistant to mould and mildew.
- They do not absorb water or liquids and dry quickly and thanks to their weaving and stitch design, sand and dirt fall through them, so a quick shake of your mat and you’re ready to fold it up.
- They are easy to clean, a few good shakes, and any sand, dirt, grass, or leaves fall off. Should something mess on them and go hard a rub with soapy water will have the mat clean in no time. A hose down will also work to remove any stubborn dirt.
Related Services to Producing Outdoor Rugs from Recycled Plastic
We distribute reusable clothing and textile items worldwide to communities in need. We collect excess textiles from residents and businesses and purchase excess clothing from charities Australia wide. These excess textile items are put through our Triple R Process, Reuse, Repurpose, or Recycle, preventing them from ending up in landfills. Textile and clothing items that we cannot reuse or repurpose are sent to our partner recycling facilities in India. They recycle them into materials suitable for manufacturing new products.
- Many of these products are of the same or better quality than the virgin products available from major retailers and at competitive or lower prices.
- The re-manufactured products are returned to our showroom in Australia as towels, cloths, rugs, handbags, table cloths, linens, insulation, clothing, blankets, and tea towels.
- We provide free advice, action, and easy to follow processes for charitable and non-charitable organisations and all industries Australia-wide to reduce the amount of textile waste reaching landfill sites drastically.
Products made from recycled textiles undergo a more eco-friendly process than products made from virgin fabrics.
About DLG Australia
We are an Australian family-owned and operated business focusing on eliminating textile and plastic waste from reaching landfills. Our managing partners have over 50 years of combined experience in the charitable and plastic recycling sectors and retail and management experience. This exposure has given us the edge over other textile recyclers to have the best knowledge and understanding of the sector.
We saw the large amounts of excess textiles being dumped at landfills and the plastic waste and realised there was an opportunity to make a difference to our environment. From here, we created our Triple R process, Reuse, Repurpose or Recycle, to provide extra life or a new life to materials while preventing as much textile waste from ending up on landfills as possible. We actively participate in all three parts of our Triple-R process, ensuring the distribution of reusable and repurposable items where needed. We work closely with our partners in India, who handle the recycling and re-manufacturing processes. Finally, we sell these products, such as recycled plastic outdoor rugs, in Australia. Our partner facilities adhere strictly to the WHS and working condition standards, are fully compliant with the Modern Slavery Act, do not employ anyone under 18, and all workers receive a nationally sanctioned living wage.
Contact us for assistance with getting your organisation to reduce textile waste going to landfills which will save landfill costs and improve your environmental and sustainability standards. We’re also here to provide any assistance regarding our products.